2020 has been a year for the books and, sure, you can pick up any ‘ol gift for your husband/grandfather/uncle/etc., but we know what you really want:
- Gifts that say “I love you”
- Gifts that say “I see you”
- Gifts that say “I’m thankful for you”
These thoughtful gifts for men (that are also supremely awesome) are always the hardest to come up with, but that’s why we put together this holiday gift guide for men.
These are thoughtful gifts–the best gifts for men, even for the guys who have everything!
Our Holiday Gift Guide for Men: 18 Perfect Gifts for Men
This holiday season, we have a lot to celebrate–everything we’ve come through together, and everything we hope next year can be, and we want our gifts to celebrate that! These gifts support small businesses, minority-owned businesses, and charities–which is exactly how we want to be spending our money these days.
We’ve tried to include a variety of price points, too–and don’t forget to include YOUR favorite holiday gifts for men in the comments! We’re taking ALL the great ideas this season!
1. The Gift of Gooooorgeous Leather Goods: Magnolia Leatherworks
Magnolia Leatherworks handmakes old-world leather goods in Atlanta, Georgia. The goods are sumptuous, and the shop focuses on quality over quantity–which is a fantastic message to send to the man on your gift list! Try this leather key fob, this beautiful bi-fold wallet, or this leather Dopp Kit with loops for essential oils.
2. The Gift of Disappearing Into a Great Story: a Book of the Month Subscription, a Libro.Fm Subscription, or a Kindle Paperwhite
If the man in your life has rediscovered a love of the written word this year (be it fiction, self-help, or something in between), help him dive deep into his favorite hobby with one of these fun gift ideas:
- Use Penguin Random House’s Books Make it Better book picker
- Enroll him in the Book of the Month Club–every month, he’ll get to pick from one of five newly released, hand-chosen titles
- Gift him a subscription to Libro.fm, which allows him to support his local bookstore AND enjoy great audiobooks
- A total Amazon fan? We hear you. Order a Kindle Paperwhite–and add an Audible subscription or a Kindle Unlimited subscription.
3. Something for His (Cold) Feet: L.L. Bean’s Wicked Good Slippers
Will he bless your name every time he slips his feet into L.L.Bean’s Wicked Good Slippers? Yes, he 100% will. You just won the holidays. Way to go!
4. Something for His Coffee: an Ember Mug or a Personalized Yeti Mug
Got a coffee lover on your hands? If he’s a gadget lover, he might love the Ember Mug, a self-heating smart mug. You can program it to keep your coffee at the precise temperature you want it for (literally) hours. Not his thing? Try a Yeti 20oz Tumbler, a 10oz Stackable Mug, a 20oz Travel Mug, a–OMG there are so many Yeti options. Just make sure you get it personalized!
5. The Gift of Coffee That Changes Peoples’ Lives: Twin Engine Coffee
Most coffee companies roast their beans far away from where they’re grown, which means coffee growers don’t get the economic support they need. Twin Engine Coffee provides 4x more value for the local farmers than Fair Trade coffee standard by roasting high-quality, organic coffee beans right where they’re grown. Talk about a delicious cup of coffee! Try a gift bundle, a Traveler Coffee Sample, or a subscription.
6. The Gift of Fun Togetherness: the Oregon Trail Card Game, Exploding Kittens, or Yeti in My Spaghetti
Games are fun because they say: I love you so much I want to do this fun thing with you! The Oregon Trail Card Game is extra fun (so is Exploding Kittens), but if it’s your little ones giving a gift to a favorite uncle, grandfather, or (of course) dad, the Yeti in My Spaghetti is absolutely adorable. All it needs is an invitation to set a date to play–and maybe a few snacks.
7. A Little Oil Love: the Metallic Trio from Whimsy + Wellness
This essential oil roller trio is manly enough for any manly man. For an extra personalized touch, give them to him already filled with great recipes for sleep and anxiety, calm, or whatever else he needs or loves. You can order the rollers with the standard glass roller beads, or get them with natural gemstone roller tops in tiger’s eye, rose quartz, and rainbow fluorite for a really stunning experience.
8. Something to Make Him Cry: a Photo Book from Mixbook
Mixbook has high-quality photo books, and it’s easy to use. The real trick, however, is to give your photo book gift for him a theme: how about photos of you and him (or him and the kids), or photos from just the last year of all the people he loves the most? Either will remind him of how much he means to his loved ones, and how (just maybe!) this year hasn’t been a total dumpster fire.
9. The Gift of a Hug (in Jacket Form): the Patagonia Better Sweater Fleece Jacket
Patagonia is the ultimate ethical paragon of corporate sustainability–and also amazing outdoor gear. This soft, incredibly comfortable jacket serves like a warm hug whether he’s hiking the great outdoors or navigating the urban jungle.
10. The Gift of Really Amazing Sheets: Bedding (or a Robe!) from Parachute
Since he’s probably already spending lots of time working from home/his bed, why not help him upgrade that desk–er–bed situation with some really fantastically comfortable sheets? We hear Parachute’s linen line is to DIE for, but don’t snooze (sorry) on their bathrobes or waffle lounge sets, either.
11. The Gift of Personalized Kitchen Love: Handmade Personalized Recipe Cutting Boards
Ok, this is a really cool offering from a small husband-and-wife Etsy shop–they’ll engrave your hand-writing (or the hand-writing of anyone else) onto a beautifully-crafted wood cutting board. Truly a unique gift and perfect for the guy who loves cooking and spending time in the kitchen!
12. The Gift of a Little Peace and Quiet: AirPods Pro or Beats Studio3 Wireless
He’s either the type to buy what he wants for himself (in which case, he’s already got these) OR he’s the type to want a pair of new AirPod Pros, but never buy them for himself. Read his mind for him by gifting him with the amazing wireless headphones that can totally block out sound so he can actually hear whatever he’s listening to.
If he doesn’t have an iPhone, hook him up with the newest Beats wireless headphones.
13. Something Small to Treasure: a Beautiful Handmade Leather Bookmark
If he loves to read but the Book of the Month Club, etc. aren’t cutting it, what about this BEAUTIFUL handmade leather bookmark from Etsy shop Kingsley Leather? The bookmark reads: “Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” Swoon.
14. The Gift of Glowing Skin: the Counterman Shave Regimen from Beautycounter
If the man you’re shopping for has sensitive skin (or he’s always trying to steal your facial products), it’s time to hook him up with this ultra-clean, ultra-effective regimen from BeautyCounter! As a company, Beautycounter pledges to never use over 1,800 gross/toxic chemicals (that you’re likely to find in other skincare products), and this Counterman Shave Regimen is exactly what his skin needs to protect and nourish it after shaving or exposure to environmental stressors.
15. The Gift of Gourmet (Uber Delicious) Jerky That Changes Lives: Sage Harvest Gourmet Jerky
Sage Harvest started after a military family adopted four children–and felt burdened to support other adoptive families and more than 132 million orphans left behind. Sage Harvest jerky is free from MSG, preservatives, and nitrates, absolutely delicious, and supports orphans and adoptive families with over 10% of all profits. Grab this Three Flavor Bestseller Jerky Blend so the man you’re gifting can enjoy flavors like Hickory Bourbon, Western, and Peppered Beef.
16. The Gift of a Smokeless Fire Pit: the Solo Stove
Here’s the problem with traditional fire pits: while they give you all those warm, together/family feels, they’re smoky, messy, and take a ton of fuel that has to be watched very carefully. The Solo Stove solves all those problems with an incredibly ingenious design–no smoke, and it requires very little fuel! This is a gift he’ll love (and you too!) because it enables him to gather all his favorite people in one magical, cozy place.
17. The Gift of a Secret Message: an Engraved Morse Code Bracelet
Ok, your message won’t exactly be a secret, but what a thoughtful gift for men–a super special way to tell somebody important how much you love him, share an inside joke, or remind him of how much he means to the world.
18. The Gift of Laughter: a Dad Jokes Book
Talk about a goofy gift for men: a dad jokes book! Whether you’re gifting your actual dad, or your uncle/brother/grandfather/that goofy friend, this is a fun (and, let’s be honest, totally punny) way to celebrate him and what he means to you! Try this book of “exceptionally bad” dad jokes, this one, or this one.
That’s a wrap on our holiday gift guide for men! Do you have any other ideas for thoughtful gifts for men? Share in the comments below–we might even include your suggestion in next year’s list!!